1. Know what is most important to you. This might require some soul searching about your needs and your values, but it is critical. If you need help sorting them out, you can download copies of two valuable free worksheets: NeedLess and Tru Values.
2. Do the important things first: that way they will get done and you don’t need to worry about them.
3. Don‘t say yes when you want to say no! If someone wants you to do something that they consider important, but you don‘t, tell him/her that you need time (perhaps 24 hours) to think about it. Take the time to think about the situation.
Suggest an alternative that is easier and satisfying for you. Negotiate. Make a decision that includes your own needs and values.
4. Treat yourself as if you are just as important as the other important people in your life. That includes how you talk to yourself. Only tell yourself things that you would say to someone you love.
5. Do physical exercise that you enjoy at least three times a week.
6. Take a few minutes to do something you love every day. Cuddle a child or a pet, take time outdoors, read a poem, dance (even alone), talk to someone you love — whatever feeds your soul.
7. Get as many hugs as you can every day. Seven per day is recommended for optimal health and happiness.
8. Only turn on the television when there is a specific program you want to watch. Better yet, video tape it and skip the commercials. If you use the TV to space out, explore different ways to relax.
9. Do not watch the evening news. Read something peaceful before you go to bed.
10. Meditate or just sit quietly and count your blessings for a few minutes every day.
[tags]Self Help,Self-Improvement,Personal Growth[/tags]